For more on O.A.R.'s show and the rest of Musikfest, listen to episode 32 of the Showcast!
Last year, Next Level Radio was only half a year old when Musikfest rolled around. We hadn’t quite established ourselves enough to earn the opportunity to review some of the year’s shows. Luckily for us, things are different this year. (Toot our own horn alert) In the last 18 months, we’ve talked to over 70 celebrities from the entertainment industry! Some of those guests were headlining at SteelStacks, which is part of ArtsQuest in Bethlehem, who runs Musikfest. So before I get into the great time I had at O.A.R., I’d like to extend a thank you to them.

I had seen O.A.R. (Of a Revolution) last year in Philadelphia at Penn’s Landing, so I had a feeling it would be another good time. And sure enough, I was right.
The great aspect of a band, such as O.A.R., is that every show is different, more so than most other acts. Other musicians I’ve seen have sounded great, but they came out, sang a bunch of songs, talked to the crowd a few times, and that was it.

Not that those performances were sub-par. Some of the best concerts I’ve attended happened just like that. But, it’s very refreshing to attend an event like O.A.R. They were able to come out and play for a couple of hours, pumping out 22 songs. What they add to each experience includes some great jam sessions and even some ad-libbing done by lead singer, Marc Roberge.

The band was so into the music that Roberge even apologized to the audience (just under 3,400), after forgetting to address them until over an hour into the set.

Another plus about O.A.R. is their uncanny ability to go from complete jamming and hype to settling the beat down for a soulful song, like “Irish Rose” or “Peace.”

One highlight of the show (and there were quite a few) included a superb “battle” between saxophonist Jerry DePizzo and trumpeter Jon Lampley, right in the middle of the fan-favorite song “Hey Girl.” Both put on a great show all night, but it’s hard not to notice Lampley and his awesome attitude. Never have I seen a person playing the trumpet that had such a blast doing it. I would be surprised if his musical and stage skills went unnoticed by any crowd member.

The band is rounded out by guitarist Richard On, who has been playing with Roberge since the eighth grade, bassist Benj Gershmann and drummer Chris Culos.

Before wrapping with arguably their biggest hit, “Crazy Game of Poker,” O.A.R. brought out their opening act for a cover. The band did the same thing last year with Phillip Phillips. This year’s act was Allen Stone, another entertainer who brings a ton of energy to the stage. So it was easy to see why the two combined for a spectacular rendition of Otis Redding’s “Hard to Handle,” also popularized by the Black Crowes.

The only complaint I would have about the band’s performance at Musikfest would be the lack of an encore. I wouldn’t consider this an occurrence that happens often at an O.A.R. concert, as last year’s concert included one.

The Sands Steel Stage at PNC Plaza was a perfect venue for an O.A.R. concert. Even though I spend most, if not all of the concert standing, I prefer having a seat to call my own. Just makes things easier than pushing through a crowd of people. The weather cooperated beautifully, and the steel mill as a backdrop made it a picture-perfect setting.

Comments

08/23/2015 1:16pm

thanks for your sharing, I appreciate this. keep up the good work

10/09/2015 4:22am

If you want to have success in your life, you should do your work on time and do not give a chance of mistake while doing your work. For this, you should divide your work in different levels.

10/28/2015 7:09am

My best wishes are always with you. I am also a guitarist and love to make instruments. If someone want to get information about best guitar pedals then contact with me.

Would it be celebration for episode 50?)

01/23/2016 12:11pm

I've just decided to create a blog, which I have been wanting to do for a while. Thanks for this post, it's really useful!

Get unexpected whether it's movies or inhabitants for edifice process is so many people creating to make one piece of the unexplained, so I've always sought after to be implicated.

This is an OAR shows announcement. If anybody interested to joining this show with live performance you can buy tickets on cheap prices from hear. Its very nice website for getting information about latest shows and events.

07/12/2016 2:30pm

Clavis Pianos is for over 25 years understanding as key power in the Netherlands. Not simply with respect to strong direction and do a wonderful strategy for cooperating, moreover for the heavenly organization we try as an association. Clavis has a wide voice and organization bunch, has its own specific workshops for repairs and we have working environments in both Amsterdam and Nieuwegein. Visit our site to know more

09/03/2016 2:57pm

Very informative post. Thanks for sharing such important information.

12/10/2016 1:23pm

Individuals in particular fields can likewise qualify. Government in the US offers a decent assortment of projects and choices. These alternatives are regularly for Stafford Loans and for Perkins Loans. A decent measure of the obtained credit can be pardoned for instructors managing kids from low wage families or instructing youngsters that are thought to be high hazard or with handicaps.

Understudy advance suppliers offer credit merging projects that will help you. This implies every remarkable adjust from a few advances made by the understudy will be joined under one record. On the off chance that the credits made by the borrower are solidified into one record, reimbursement is much less demanding.

12/18/2016 1:49pm

The end of the single moneylender manage would bear the cost of understudy advance borrowers numerous more choices to facilitate their budgetary circumstance. Understudy advance borrowers could have the decision to look for better rates and advantages, hence making it less demanding to pay off their bills.

Presently, rather than sending the heft of understudy credits to those four noteworthy temporary workers, the Department of Education should incorporate littler contractual workers also - as such, all contract based workers are currently purportedly equivalent.

12/29/2016 11:02am

Oar musikfest is one of the popular music episode that will bring a lot of audience to radio broadcasting and music industry. It will surely get more popularity after few more episode.

01/05/2017 2:59am

I just wanna say thanks for this nice reading. I got a lot of new ideas from your article.

Awesome song i really like to listen this..

awesome song jassi gill

01/25/2017 2:20am

In the event that you happen to be one of the innumerable a large number of property proprietors that are hoping to enhance the property they possess, with the end goal of leasing it out maybe an occupant advance is precisely what you have been searching for.

03/22/2017 3:09am

03/23/2017 1:29pm

Such music fests attract a lot of crowd, and music itself is such a thing which has a huge fan following. Our lives are dependent on music, our promotions are dependent on music, our lives are dependent on music, and what not, the list goes on. Our lives revolve around music. New musicians keep on evolving, for example DJs. You can hire some from online sites like www.ambitious.nl and others and try them out at your events and parties and see the attention they catch.